Lesson 24: Meaning of Passive Voice
Learning the meanings of the Passive Voice
Instructions: Without worrying about the endings just yet, spend 2-3 minutes learning the meanings of these different times.
Meaning in English
Now go on to do Homework 24.
- Time 1. laudamur: we are praised, we are being praised
- Time 2. cantabatur: it was being sung, it used to be sung, it was always sung
- Time 3. coronabuntur: they will be crowned, they will be being crowned
- Time 4a. visus es: you have been seen
- Time 4b. visus es: you were seen
- Time 5. vocata erant: I had been called
- Time 6. inscripti eritis: Ye will have been registered
"Some of the dumbest people in the world have learned Latin, so there is still hope for some of you." - Fr. Foster
First Experience Latin - Fr. Reginald Foster
Return to Index